So this week was finals week...well, actually I did most of my finals last week. I had always wondered before how the juniors and seniors before me had only been able to get four hours of sleep a night. Last week I found out. On Wednesday night I only got three and a half hours of sleep, and Thursday night I only got three hours. The only thing that I can remember going through my mind- I haven't even hit college final weeks yet.
On the plus side, I found a college that I think may be "the one". Corny, yes, but it meets all of my criteria. 1) it's on the east coast (i need that so that i can be a part of my siblings lives) 2) it has a Music Therapy degree =) 3) it has a colorguard 4) it is near some big cities. I am so excited.
This coming semester (which starts on Monday) is the semester of science and math. I have two science classes (Chem and Enviro. Research), band, and Geometry. Whoo-hoo... I hate math (but science is fine).
And finally- teachers...well one in particular. My Choir teacher. I have so many conflicts with him, its insane. First, he yelled at me for missing a snow makeup concert for my good friends wedding reception. Second, he pointed me and four others (the only others) in my section out today and kicked us out because we didn't know the music and weren't singing very loudly because half of us were sick. I swear, if a strike three comes, then I'm out. Choir is not my world, I can live with just band, seriously. I mean, I know that in college that I will have conflicts with teachers... thats a given, but the difference is that at least the college professors will act in a professional way. URGH! I didn't even do anything wrong!
But back to my college. It is so, stinkin, awesome. I am doing a tour of it sometime. All of my teachers are telling me that it is a great choice... Yeah, I know, I'm ADD.
What do you expect?
The best perk of all ... it's close enough to be close and far enough for independence! What more could a mom wish for!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh! are you really old enough for college now? boy do i feel old
ReplyDelete