Thursday, October 14, 2010

Its Been Awhile

Sometimes I wonder how I ever got so lucky.

I have lots of sisters, loving and devoted parents, a testimony anchored in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Sometimes I have to wonder who I would be if I didn't have what I have.

Abandoned, maybe. Rebellious, most definitely. Addicted to drugs, most likely. It seems like almost everyone around here is.

Its crazy. And totally out of control.

When I was 13 or 14 I read a book about a guy who was addicted to Crystal Meth, and what his mom went through. From that moment on I made the firm commitment to never even flirt with drugs. Its too dangerous. Its like playing with fire around dynamite. You don't know. It might explode.

I've kept true to my word.

Sometimes you just have to make decisions like that.

So when the hard times and choices roll around, they're not really as hard as they could be.

Wow. What an amazing life I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I totally love what you have to say....