Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Totally Ordinary, Yet Somehow Spectacular Day!

Okay, so I have been a lame blogger. Like. Beyond lame.


I would say that it's not my fault, but it is. It really is. Things have been pretty crazy. And I haven't found anything particularly interesting about my days recently.


Until I decided to write about my day today. And realized that it was awesomely spectacular. Here's why.


I woke up this morning at 7:11. My favorite two-part number ever! Why, you may ask? Because of the old 7-11 gas stations that I grew up with, and also my favorite scripture- Alma 7:11 (check it out here).


I was up for about an hour, doing pretty much nothing, before mom left to go teach yoga. So I got to spend a good 2 hours (or so) hanging out with my youngest brother and sister.


And then, after that, I ate lunch which was ACTUALLY last nights dinner leftovers. And those dinner leftovers were from a dinner that a dear sister in our ward brought to us. And it was delicious...both times.


Ok, so then, after lunch, mom and the kiddo's took a nap. So I was all like "I can do my schoolwork now!" So I log into my school site and there, in my email inbox, was a message from my awesome english teacher reminding me that I needed finish something that was due on Saturday, but that I could get it in this week and she wouldn't worry about it. And then she (insinuated) that I aced my discussion board leadership role (which, by the way, was 5% of my grade. Heck. Yes.)


And so once this wonderful news was heard by me, I dove into my American history readings for this week. There was 18 pages (as opposed to 49 three weeks ago), and I really understood the topic at hand. It was all about economics. DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH OF A BLESSING THIS WAS TO ME! Economics was always a WEAKNESS for me in high school. And then I took the reading/comprehension quiz- 100% baby!


And then I found out that my families application to rent their dream house was accepted! We're moving, woot woot!


Then, I pretty much did nothing for a few hours. We'll skip that.


But then tonight, remember the English teacher's reminder? Well, the reminder was to do an interview. And my lovely sister is letting me interview her tonight! Heck yes!


So, I'm about to do that.


And practice my incredibly awesome tuba.


I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I totally love what you have to say....