I went to a YSA conference this weekend. Totally spectacular.
Day 1: I showed up 4 hours late, but it was chill. Went to a bonfire and then inside the mess hall where I played board games with my friends until 1 AM. Thereupon, 9 of us squeezed into a friends car and drove up to a cabin.
Day 2: Breakfast, classes, lunch, cabin, dinner, halloween dance. AND EPIC PROPORTIONS OF SNOW. Like seriously, the zipline and every other outdoorsy event for the afternoon was cancelled because of the snow. Branches were falling off. Trees were splitting in half. And, oh yeah, the power was gone. Like *poof!*. The dance was awesome. Do you wanna see my costume? That's me on the far left. I went as one of those crazy trail hikers. Heck yes. I got lots of compliments. Oh, and I found a sure-fire way of getting asked to dance. Ask me. I'll tell =D
Day Three: It's icy. But that's ok. Because someone awesome* decided to drive all of us girls down to the mess hall. And all our stuff. It was superbly nice of him =D From there was breakfast, sacrament meeting, testimony meeting, and then lunch. It was crazy. And I loved every second of it.
The greatest part of it was that I felt the spirit the entire time I was there. Brand new thing for me...who'da thought that you could feel the spirit during a dance? Well, I did. A close second is all of the great, incredible, awesome, pretty, and yes, even handsome, new friends that I made while I was there.
And the snow was cough*neat*cough too. It definitely made everything interesting. We've never experienced snow before Halloween before. It was new and exciting!
So yes, totally awesome weekend!!!
=D tuba.girl
P.S. Photo's courtesy of other people. Thank you =D




No comments:
Post a Comment
I totally love what you have to say....