Okay, so I don't know about you, but singing/listening to Christmas songs before Thanksgiving is against my religion.
So are tissues. Don't judge me.
(I'm totally just kidding. I hope you realize this.)
Anyways, the dumbest Christmas song ever is "Dominic the Christmas Donkey". I have hated that song since the day it first came on the radio.
Hated. No reservations. Hated.
Continuing on, today my dad and I went to our old house to clean.
We have a mudroom, and so under the mudroom is this other storage-like area.
And in this storage-like area one of our prior tenants (we're not even sure who) stacked tons and tons of boxes with water jugs in them in this room. So, apparently they stacked the boxes much too high, which caused the water jugs in the bottom boxes to break, and so on and so forth.
It's been like three years.
And so all that was left in this storage-like area was a bunch of water jugs, filled and empty, and a decomposed, rotted, disgusting, compost-like sludge from the cardboard boxes.
And it smelled awful.
And there were earthworms, yes, EARTHWORMS in there. Uck!
So Papa and I cleaned that out today.
A layer of cardboard boxes- rotten and mildewed, and then underneath.
Goopy sludge. Gross.
We found that the best way to drain the water out of the jugs so that we could recycle them was to throw them on the ground-breaking them and sending water (and any sludge on the container) flying. We threw over 100 jugs.
Which is awesome because I had to forgo running this morning because of cleaning. And guess what. An hour and a half of heavy duty, 7.5 lbs. shot put-like throwing is great exercise.
And then, after cleaning that crap out, we had a whole bunch of trash that we had to take to the dump.
You know, like, when you move you get rid of stupid stuff, like old books, boxes of papers that you labeled important until push came to shove, old bikes that you accidentally ran over with your car because those darn kids can't put their schtuff away.
You know the kind.
Well, lo and behold, the total weight of all this trash that we took to the dump added up to about 480 lbs. Now add in the stuff that we recycled.
Papa and I are going to be el-sore in the morning.
So when we got home (as in our new home) this afternoon at 3 PM (we left at 8 AM) we:
- "Haven't eaten"
- "Haven't showered"
- "Smell like a dump"
- "Super tired"
- And sore. Don't forget that.
So we went home and took a shower.
And then I wrote a paper for my American Foundations class in an hour and a half smack! Go me!
And that was all before dinner time. *Super accomplished feeling*.
=D tuba.girl
P.S. I'm going to be writing another blog post today...just fyi. Check it. Go here. It should be up within a couple of hours.




No comments:
Post a Comment
I totally love what you have to say....