But I hope it won't this time.
So, today I spent a lot of time in the car. Which left me a lot of time to think and ponder on some things.
I met this guy at institute.
Ok, and if this guy, by some happenstance, reads this and recognizes that it's him, please, guy, take this as a compliment. Not some crazy, teenage girl-like response to hormones.
Anyways, back to my point.
So I met this guy at institute. He was there my very first week. I don't remember much about him from there except that he was an uber good basketball player.
The second week I was there, I played basketball too. He was on the other team, I think. He asked my name...and I told him. Simple as that. His team kicked our butts.
And you know what surprised me the most? Its that I really didn't notice him. Like, usually I'm the kind of chick that scans for super cute guys in the crowd.
And trust me, this guy is super cute.
But he flew by under the radar. And it may have been because he's really close with this other girl who just happens to be one of the nicest people I know.
Maybe? Who knows?
Fact of the matter is that, though I acknowledged his existence, I paid little to no attention to him for the first month.
And so, once I finally paid him some attention (I feel like such a jerk now that I'm laying this out for all of you), I sent him a facebook request. And since we know each other...facebook request granted.
That's when I started learning a little bit more about him.(No, I'm not a facebook stalker. I promise. I swear. I cross my heart and all that jazz.)
1) He just graduated from college. Why do I think this is cool? Because college is important to me. Incredibly important. And not only does he have his undergraduate degree, but he has it in an area that is (generally) a good, solid, area. As great as I think music majors and English majors are (which they ARE great. I'm a music major, remember?), they're jobs just aren't as steady as, say, a lawyers, or a doctors, or a mechanical/civil engineers.
2) He's working full time, even though he can't find a job in his specific field. Why do I think that's cool? Because it shows me that he is a good worker. That he wants to work. That he's motivated. That's he's not "too good" for these type of jobs.That's important. That's way important.
3) This is where it might be a little facebook stalker-ish. But, again, I swear I saw it on the ticker on my home page. He's thinking about going to grad school. That impressed me. Why? It show's me that he's serious. He's committed.
4) He has his own car. Again. I was incredibly impressed. Why? Hmm, maybe I'll explain it to you later.
5) He goes to institute. Why is this important? Because it shows me that he cares about church. And I care about church, so that means a lot to me. Too many times I have seen people switch out extra church meetings for extra hours in the workplace. And while that may be necessary and proper, I would much rather prefer someone who tries their darndest to make it to most of their church activities.
Okay, so there is my 5 point observation. I spent a lot of time thinking about these things as I was driving.
Now don't get me wrong, I don't know him very well. He seems like a genuine guy- nice, friendly, good to talk to- but for people like my aunt who is worried that I'll be married off before I finish my freshman year of college...don't worry.
But anyways, I was thinking in the car about how important these qualities are to me!
And Mamma, I know you're reading this. Remember when you asked me what I wanted in a guy, and all I could tell you is what I didn't want?
Well now I have the answer.
And, it's so funny, this guy kind of reminds me of dad in a couple of ways. Mostly, in ways that you remember him and have told me about him.
But also some things about him that I have remembered from my younger years. When I wasn't so bull-headed and ignorant.
And some things that, as I was driving with him today, I remembered.
And now that I'm seriously on the verge of tears I think I'll stop. Gosh. I love thinking.
Though it normally gets me in trouble...
=D tuba.girl
I can tell you are going to be awesome at this dating thing if you are looking for such fabulous qualities. I can also tell you I'm so thrilled I'm not doing it any more!! (I did not date guys that were as fabulous as I should have... and then when y husband came along, I wouldn't date him! Good thing he doesn't take no for an answer! :)
ReplyDelete